Welcome To The Football Development School
The development school commenced in 2005 and now hold around 70 players in six different groups in the Worcestershire region. These centres are primarily for the children showing a keen interest in developing their skills. Ultimately the idea is to reach the correct standard needed to join our Football Academy. The overall aim of the Development School is to work on individual technique, skills, speed, and co-ordination progressing finally onto team play. The Development Centre is designed to enhance your child’s natural ability whilst working to a technical programme. Throughout the year your child will cover all aspects of the game as well as having the opportunity to play against other players on a regular basis.
Age bands; 5, 6 & 7 Age bands; 8, 9 & 10 Age bands; 10, 11 & 12
- Both feet work - Bi-Lateral conditioning work - All aspects covered at 5 -10 bands
- Fun based team games - Weak foot work - Specific weak foot work
- Dribbling, turning & Screening - Fun based heading practices - Dragging & screening
- 1v1, 2v2, 3v3 & 4v4 games - Dribbling, turning & Screening – Dribbling & turning practices
- Shooting - Shooting – Practice play sessions
- Early stage decision making - Speed, agility & quickness - Ball striking long & short
- Passing & defending – Passing & defending – Small sided games
Our development centre is an invitation only school and we are an official feeder centre to Coventry City Football Club. Players are given a two week trial to assess their strengths and attributes and then progressed into the relevant group based on ability.
The Football Development School have 4 groups in total, they are as follows:
Development C = Years 3, 4 & 5 – Good ability players
Development B = Years 4, 5 & 6 – Good ability players
Development A = Years 5, 6 & 7 – Progression players